THE NEW ECONOMY NETWORK AUSTRALIA
The New Economy Network Australia (NENA) is a network of individuals and organisations working to transform Australia’s economic system so that achieving ecological health and social justice are the foundational principles and primary objectives of the economic system.
NENA works to facilitate connections, showcase and promote innovative projects, build peer-to-peer learning and use collective strategies to advocate for change, so that we can build a strong movement of people demanding, creating and benefiting from a ‘new’ economy.
There are three dimensions to NENA’s work: we are building networks, connections and shared initiatives:
- within specific geographic areas such as towns/cities, regions and states;
- across different sectors within the new economy, including: sustainable food, energy, transport, housing, indigenous economics, ecological economics and many more; and
- that prioritise specific strategic goals every year
NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- Call for Proposals extended to 4 May – “A New Economy for North Queensland”, Magnetic Island (14-15 July 2018)
- Call for Proposals open until 1st June – NENA’s 2018 Annual Conference, 19-21 October 2018
- NENA’s next Webinar – 24th May 2018
If you’re interested in finding out more about NENA, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org