How can we ensure affordable, safe and sustainable housing for everyone in Australia?
Join us for a week of discussions about housing and human settlements, hosted by the New Economy Network Australia (NENA) and Co-Housing Australia.
** Monday 7th to Friday 11th June 2021
** Lunchtimes (12noon to 1.30pm AEST)
** Evenings (6pm to 7.30pm)
CO-HOSTED BY CO-HOUSING AUSTRALIA
ABOUT NENA HOUSING WEEK 2021
Join us for NENA's 2021 Housing Week, from 7-11 June. Hear from practitioners and researchers, from dozens of organisations, who are coming together to discuss the social justice and environmental sustainability issues of housing and human settlements in Australia.
NENA Housing Week will feature lunchtime and evening ONLINE seminars (Mon 7th to Thurs 10th), which will culminate in an online round table discussion (Friday 11th June) discussing the availability, affordability, design and sustainability of Australia's housing and human settlements.
One of the goals of the Housing Roundtable discussion will be to identify key actions to include in NENA's Civil Society Strategy for a Wellbeing Economy.
* An overview of the housing crisis in Australia and its social justice implications
* An overview of the impact of housing and human settlements on Australia's ecosystems, biodiversity and bioregional health
* A deeper dive into the housing crisis – the foundations of Australian property law, capitalism, colonisation and notions of future value
* Success and failure - responding to Indigenous housing needs, rising homelessness, crisis accommodation, transition housing
* Caring for our most vulnerable – aged care, families, women, people with disabilities - across Indigenous and non-indigenous communities
* Positive responses - Indigenous peoples creating their own housing solutions, community housing, tiny/micro housing, co-living
* Sustainable responses - understanding the impacts of human settlements on the living world; rethinking urban, regional and rural housing developments, ecovillages and sustainable housing
* Innovative financing and investment for housing and human settlements in Australia
SPEAKER DETAILS AVAILABLE SOON
Please email: email@example.com