Strengthening the New Economy
for the Common Good
New Economy Network Australia’s Annual Conference
Friday 19th to Sunday 21st October, 2018 – Melbourne
- 2018 NENA Conference – 3 Day Program Overview
- 2018 NENA Conference – Full Conference Program
- Register for the 2018 Annual Conference here
Today’s global economy is built on a growth-fueled industrial and financial system with immense productive capacity, but its extractive logic has created extreme wealth inequality, social injustice, and ecological devastation on an unprecedented scale. At the heart of the transition to a new economy lies the commons: the wealth we inherit and create together which includes the gifts of nature, civic infrastructure and knowledge in all its forms. Across Australia, people and communities are working to strengthen the commons through better food systems, co-operative enterprise and innovative legal models that protect the rights of nature and ensure a just transition for people and the planet now, and into the future.
NENA’s second annual conference “Strengthening the New Economy for the Common Good”, held in Melbourne, invites people to come together to share stories of success, address challenges and join the broader movement, to appreciate our shared purpose and create transformative approaches to a fairer and ecologically sustainable economy and society.
The 2018 New Economy Conference will:
- Bring together hundreds of people and organisations interested in moving beyond the current unsustainable and unjust economic system that currently dominates Australian society;
- Enable people to share, learn, listen, play, and work together to co-create a strong, vibrant economic system that’s fair for all Australians and cares for our precious natural environment; and
- Launch powerful new collective strategies for creating positive social and economic change, to achieve long term, liveable economies that fit within the productive capacity of a healthy environment.