- 7 June - BRISBANE, 10am to 12noon - FREE SEMINAR - "A post-growth future for Business?" featuring speakers from the University of Queensland Business School, and NENA Co-Founder, Dr Michelle Maloney. The seminar is FREE and you can find more details and register here.
- 19 June 2019 - NENA WEBINAR - "Post-extractivism: how do we move beyond mining?"
Co-hosted with International Network "Yes to Life, No to Mining"
- 6pm - 8pm (AEST), Wednesday night 19th June
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW ZOOM RECORDING OF WEBINAR
- 23 June 2019 - NENA Canberra Hub: What Should our Economy Look Like in 2030?
With: Maddie Diamond - See-Change; Andrea Simmons - Canberra Transition Towns; Geoff Davies - Author, Scientist and Economics Critic; Matilda Webb - School Strike 4 Climate; Scotty Foster - Co-Canberra.
- The Food Co-op Shop and Cafe, 3 Kingsley Street, Canberra, ACT 2601
- 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm (AEST)
- This is a FREE event, but registrations are required via Eventbrite
- 10 July 2019 - NENA WEBINAR - "The Green New Deal and its relevance to Australia"
Speakers: Tim Hollo and Prof Bronwen Morgan
- 6pm - 8pm (AEST), Wednesday night 10th July
- ZOOM LINK - https://zoom.us/j/591625586
- 13 July 2019 - NENA Newcastle 1 Day Workshop and Mapjam - NENA Newcastle Hub
- 6 August 2019 - NENA Brisbane - Evening Seminar - "What should our economy look like in 2030?"
Co-hosted with University of Queensland.
6pm-8pm, Sir Llews Building, University of Qld, St Lucia. Free event, but bookings are essential
** PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE FOR ALL THE DETAILS.
- 7 August - NENA WEBINAR - "Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and Future Farmers"
Speakers: Joel Orchard and other speakers to be confirmed.
- 6pm - 8pm (AEST), Wednesday night 7th August
- ZOOM LINK - https://zoom.us/j/261177974
- 13 August 2019 - NENA Adelaide - FREE Evening Seminar - "What should our economy look like in 2030?"
- 6pm-8pm, 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide.
- Free event, but bookings are essential via Eventbrite
- View the event flyer
** PLEASE VISIT OUR FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!
- 10 September 2019 - Smart Cities of More-Than-Human Futures - UON-FEDUA Alternative Futures Research Hub
- 10am - 2pm Tuesday 10th September
- FLYER LINK - https://www.neweconomy.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/2019-AFRH-Seminar-and-Master-Class-10th-Sept-2019-draft.docx
- 11 September 2019 - NENA WEBINAR - An update from the International Wellbeing Economy Alliance (WeALL)
Speakers: WeALL Membership Officer, Ana Gomez will give an introduction to the origins of WeALL, its current activities and its vision for a socially just economic future.
- 6pm - 8pm (AEST), Wednesday night 11th September
- ZOOM LINK - https://zoom.us/j/716215821
- 18-26 September - BOOK TOUR - "The Economics of Arrival" featuring co-author, Katherine Trebeck
Co-hosted by NENA, Regennaration, Orange Compass and the Wellbeing Economy Alliance
View the dedicated BOOK TOUR page for all the details.
Visit our facebook event page for updates, or book your place via the links below:
- Canberra - 18 September 2019 - Harry Hartog Bookseller [ANU Bookstore] — 153-11 University Avenue, Acton, 6pm - 8pm
- Melbourne - 19 September 2019 - Readings State Library — State Library Victoria, 285-321 Russell St, Melbourne 3000, Victoria, 6:30pm - 8pm
- Perth - 23 September 2019 - —
- Brisbane - 25 September 2019 - QCA Theatre — Grey Street, Southbank - 6pm - 8pm
- Sydney - 26 September 2019 - Work Club Barangaroo — Level 6/201 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000 - 6pm - 8.30pm
- , in partnership with the Florence Guild by Work Club
- 4-7 October 2019 - NENA Annual Conference "Beyond Paradigms"
Co-hosted with Enkel and other partners in Perth
** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION CURRENTLY OPEN
** EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION CLOSES 31 JULY
Visit our webpage for updates or email: JP Parker - email@example.com
- 9 October 2019 - NENA NQ Hub Public Forum
- 6pm – 7.30pm (AEST), Wednesday night 9 October
- Shed 3 at 15 Oonoonba Road, Idalia
- More information
- 6 November 2019 - NENA WEBINAR - Futures Thinking for a Sustainable Economic Future
Speaker: Professor Chris Reidy, Institute for Sustainable Futures, UTS
- 7pm - 8.30pm (AEST), Wednesday night 6 November
- ZOOM LINK - https://zoom.us/j/803674691
- 7 December 2019 - ‘Dialogue for a Sustainable Economy’
Talk by ecological economist A/Prof Philip Lawn on ‘What would a truly sustainable economy be - living in a finite world?’, followed by a panel discussion on ‘Finding hope – change for a sustainable economy’, plus workshops on finding solutions.
- 10am - 4pm
- Sydney Mechanic School of Arts (280 Pitt Street)
- Book on https://www.trybooking.com/BFQSV (or tickets at the door $10)
- 20-22 March 2020 - 3 Day Conference/Festival - "Going Local: Hope in a time of crisis" - Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Co-hosted by The Economics of Happiness / Local Futures, and the New Economy Network Australia
Visit our Conference Webpage for updates