“Commons” are that which we mutually depend on for our collective survival and wellbeing. They include the shared resources which are co-produced and managed by a community according to their own rules and norms.
Commons may be physical such as land, water and our climate; or they can be ‘invisible’, created by the processes of people working together e.g. open source software or shared knowledge.
The goals of the NENA Commons Hub are to:
- Enable NENA members around Australia to meet (online and in person), for networking and to provide mutual support to each other and our projects.
- Provide information about the commons in the New Economy to the broader NENA network via the website, social media and webinars.
- Provide an avenue for members of the Hub to share information, resources and news about the commons.
- Organise events, workshops, and meetings that support the goals of the Hub.
- Enable members to make time and space to develop collaborative projects where appropriate.
- Identify and contribute strategic goals concerning the commons into the NENA Annual Strategy and other strategic documents.
Jose Ramos: email@example.com
Rhiannon Hardwick: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 October 2020: ‘Protecting and Nurturing our Affected Commons’
15 September 2020: ‘Commons Response to the Pandemic’