The New Economy Network Australia (NENA) is inviting individuals, collectives and organisations from around Australia, to join us during 2020, to co-create Australia’s first National Civil Society Strategy and Action Plan for the New Economy.
By working together – across NENA Hubs, NENA events and online platforms – we aim to map out shared priorities and pathways, to help us transition to new economies that achieve ecological sustainability and social justice.
Who should participate?
Through our Geographic Hubs (Local and Regional) and Sectoral Hubs around Australia, NENA is governed by a diverse, interconnected network of people. We are inviting people from across Australia, to contribute to the development of a shared strategy, by sharing their opinions about priorities, actions and existing successes that we can build on. Everyone is encouraged to participate, including: First Nations Peoples and communities, non-Indigenous community groups and businesses, and people working in health, education, energy, housing, land management, tourism, food production, research, fine and creative arts, banking and finance, production, retail, management and more.
- NENA Newcastle and Hunter Region Hub – first workshop for co-creating a Civil Society Strategy for the region, which will feed into the National Strategy
- Thursday 5th December 2019, 5.30-8.30pm NewSpace, 409 Hunter St, Newcastle Room X205 - https://www.facebook.com/events/426299668272506/
- National Webinars to discuss NENA Strategy Development – February, April and June 2020 (details available soon)
- Hub Meetings focussing on Strategy Discussions – will be held around Australia (details will be made available during 2020 as events are planned)
- NENA Annual Conference 2020 (November 2020, details available soon) – a number of special Strategy Sessions will be held at NENA’s Annual Conference