NENA Narratives Hub
About the Hub
The objectives of NENA’s narratives hub are to:
- Provide a space for NENA members to explore the role of stories and narratives in the transformation towards a new economy and a flourishing sustainable future
- Share knowledge about how to effectively work with storytelling and narrative change at multiple scales
- Explore ways to critique and undermine dominant economic narratives that are not consistent with human wellbeing and ecological integrity
- Look for new memes, stories and narratives that can support transformation
- Engage in collaborative action research projects to transform narratives and learn what works.
- Survey on New Stories for a Sustainable Future (https://planetcentric.net/blog/new-stories)
- Visioning workshops to find common ground in our stories of an ideal future
- Scoping a storytelling project to engage the general public in telling stories about their ideal future and connection to place
- Connecting New Economy Stories with New Economy Arts projects
Join our discussions!
Our next meeting is Wednesday 23 September 2020 @ 10.30am-11.30am
Everyone's welcome to join us to discuss how to communicate about the new economy - please contact the Hub convenors for the zoom link for the meeting, or for more information
Past NENA webinars and discussions
- "Communicating about the New Economy" - 11 August, 2020 - a NENA Narratives Hub webinar and discussion, hosted by Chris Riedy and Michelle Maloney - visit our NENA webinar webpage for the recording and presentation"
- "Future Narratives" - 6th November 2019, Chris Riedy delivered a webinar on future narratives on . (PDF, 2.2MB)
The hub convenors are connected to the work of the SDG Transformations Forum on transforming narratives (https://transformationsforum.net/)